Q. Which help desks are located in the Commons?
For general information, visit the Public Services Desk. We are near the 2nd floor Melrose entrance across from Starbucks, and we can help with research assistance, checkouts and returns, course reserves, classroom support, security, and lost & found.
- Stop by the Information Desk in the South Commons to get help using the Commons computers, printing, or to checkout laptops and other equipment.
- The Studio is a media production lab that provides access to and instruction on audio and video equipment and specialized media production software and equipment. Their help desk is located in the back of the South Commons.
- The Stat Lab is located in the back of the North Commons, room 220G. Visit this desk to get assistance with your Stat 201 questions. Visit their website to see their weekly schedule.
- The Math Place is also available in the North Commons. This includes helping students with basic math in courses inside or outside the Math Department.
- The Student Success Center has a desk in North Commons, room 220K. They can help with academic coaching, supplemental instruction, etc.
- The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has the OIT Help Desk which can assist with network issues, resetting your password, and more. There's also the START Program to help with presentation software, document formatting, etc.
- The Judith Anderson Herbert Writing Center in the North Commons, room 220F, is a branch of the larger Writing Center located in Humanities. Trained tutors are stationed here to help students with their writing process.