Q. I am experiencing problems downloading PDFs from Springer while on Chrome. What should I do?
Some patrons have noted issues downloading PDFs from Springer while using Chrome. Here are some recommendations:
- Change Chrome settings:
- Open Settings in Chrome (three vertical dots in the upper right corner)
- Go to Privacy and Security on the left
- Click Site Settings (fourth item in list)
- Scroll down (Additional content settings) and click on PDF documents.
- Turn on Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in chrome
- Or, if using Chrome without changing settings:
- Open the article
- right-click on the Download PDF button.
- Save link as… This will download the file to your computer/laptop and when you open it up it will be available to view in its entirety.
- Or, download and save the PDF file (as in 2 above) and then open it using a PDF reader such as Adobe.
- Or, try an alternative web browser such as Firefox/Safari/IE or Microsoft Edge.
Was this helpful? 0 0