Can I use a screen reader or keyboard navigation to access EBSCOhost databases and ebooks?
- Users of keyboard navigation should use the spacebar rather than the enter button to activate drop-down listboxes.
- Users of screen reader swipe/gesture navigation should avoid Android devices.
- EBSCOhost database articles:
- HTML articles have a built-in text-to-speech functionality, but the user’s screen reader must be turned off for this to work.
- If the content of an EBSCOhost database article is inaccessible to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accessible alternative format.
- EBSCO ebooks:
- Users of screen readers on mobile devices should avoid using the Adobe Digital Editions app and instead use a third-party ebook app (such as PocketBook) with a native text-to-speech functionality.
- Users of screen readers or keyboard navigation should avoid MacBooks for ebook reading.
- Users of screen readers on iOS devices should download any epub files rather than reading on screen.
- Users of screen readers on Android devices should download any PDF files rather than reading on screen, and read instead with Adobe Reader’s native Read Aloud function.
Was this helpful? 0 0